D&BTV Presenter Search
After years of live streams from some of the most unique parties across the globe, we’re taking the genre’s oldest streaming series back to its roots with its first presenter-based model in five years – and it all starts with you…
We’re on the hunt for a dedicated presenter to front D&BTV, documenting the healthy state of the scene across the UK. The right person will be expected to get the best out of the DJs they interview, as well as the funniest comments from the crowd they chat to. They’ll hit the ground running armed with the infamous D&BTV microphone, and a trusty cameraman to capture all the magic. Most importantly: They need to be a card-carrying junglist.
The successful applicant will be attending and capturing all the action at Drum&BassArena events, with potential to cover other crucial parties in the UK throughout the year as the role expands. The aim is to document all the right moments and exclusives, show initiative, come up with segment ideas, interview questions and exhibit a strong understanding of what’s causing the most ripples across dance floors the world over.
Do you know your Andy Cs from your John Bs? Your A.M.Cs from your QZBs? Your Dispatches from your Divisions? If you live and breathe D&B culture and have what it takes to relay your passion to the screen, then this role is for you.
We’ve got form, too: Our last presenter search in 2012 unearthed Charlie Tee, who went on to host the Drum&BassArena Awards, launch a successful DJ career and land herself a regular slot on KISS FM.
Check the full job description and criteria below, and get the camera rolling! Lights, camera, bass…
- Attend drum & bass events with a cameraman across the UK as the face of D&BTV.
- Create 3-5 minute video reviews of events which include interviews with key artists and members of the public, covering upcoming releases, trends, news on what’s happening around the UK, highlights etc.
- Paid on a freelance basis with travel & accommodation provided (pre-approved).
- Strong familiarity with the Drum&BassArena brand is essential.
- Ability to put forward a concept idea based on attending 5 Drum&BassArena events.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the industry, artists, promoters and event attendees.
- Familiarity with D&B personalities across the scene, and confidence in approaching artists/ key industry players.
- Creative vision
- Flexible and free on weekends
- Must be 18 years or over
- UK driving license preferred
How to apply:
- Please send us your show reel along with a 90 second (max) video outlining why you would be suitable for the role to: email@example.com