This is one for the many talented producers and musical wizards we know hang around D&BArena.
TC ft. MC Dread
Burning Starlight Remix Competition
Sponsored by Ableton, Novation & Chemical Records
To celebrate the launch of his new record label, Don’t Play, TC is offering producers the chance to remix ‘Burning Starlight’ ft. MC Dread. Not only will the winning entry receive a release on Don’t Play, but the winner will get their hands on some amazing prizes from Ableton, Novation, Chemical Records, Soundcloud and Loopmasters.
‘Burning Starlight’ has already become a firm dance floor favourite thanks to its fresh take on the D&B formula and a fantastic vocal from MC Dread, but now TC invites you to use your own creativity and production skills to rewrite the track in any style you choose. All genres will be accepted, bonus points will be awarded for originality, quality of production and using your own style to create something fresh and new.
The winning entry will receive a release on Don’t Play plus…
• A copy of Ableton Suite 8 – http://tinyurl.com/3djl3hd
• A Novation Launchpad USB Midi Controller – http://tinyurl.com/3djl3hd
• A Soundcloud Pro account – http://soundcloud.com/premium
• Five Loopmasters Artist Series sample DVDs – http://tinyurl.com/3uj2gqp
Runners up deemed strong enough will also receive a release on Don’t Play plus a Loopmasters Artist Series sample DVD.
1. Download the parts via TC’s Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/tc.bristol
2. Entries must be submitted via the Soundcloud group – http://tinyurl.com/3hzhkb3
3. Entries must be uploaded as streaming only (Don’t Play can’t release a remix which has already been given away for free!).
4. By downloading the remix parts all entrants acknowledge that the full copyright to the original track ‘Burning Starlight’ and any of its component parts are owned by Don’t Play and are not to be used in any way, commercial or otherwise, except for the purposes of this remixcompetition.
5. Entries must be submitted by Friday 30th September 2011 and the winner will be contacted via their Soundcloud account no later than 31st October 2011.
TC, Don’t Play and Infectious PR would like to thank Chemical Records, Ableton, Novation, Soundcloud and Loopmasters for all their help in organising a fantastic prize package.